Saturday, May 19, 2012

An interesting Saturday


It is always exciting to know that you have a parcel waiting for you at the post office.
And thanks to Tim, for the postcard and for the shell made bracelet. I really appreciate it and I miss you guys a lot.

It has been a long time since I last volunteered.
My last involvement was the visit (Teaching Summer Institutes) in August 2011, where I taught F2-3 students in a primary school in Yunnan English and Computer. Ahh, I still remembered times setting questions and grading students' homework at 12am in our hostel room. I remembered the Yunnan Cross-bridge Noodles (過橋米線) too. Yummy. 
And yes it has been 9 months. Amazing 9 months. 
And today, I went to SoCO Hong Kong in Sham Shui Po to facilitate tutorial sessions for kids (mainly primary school students). This session was made known to me through my company's CSR department. And I'm happy to be here. I tutored a P3 student and to me, she is damn smart. She learn English pretty quickly and Chinese idioms that I barely remember myself learning.
It was a meaningful 1.5 hour spent and I'll definitely be back again.

And next, I decided to go collect my free bicycle :)
But damn, it's raining again. I originally thought of cycling back home from Jordan (2 stations away from home) but it doesn't seem possible so I decided to carry it back home. Well, moreover it is not properly set up when I collected it. I thought it wasn't a hard job but gosh....it's 15kgs and it nearly killed me while I try to carry it from the shop into the MTR and out from the MTR station and it was raining and I have to walk 20+minutes home. 

But it's a nice bicycle.
YAY! So I'll plan where to go cycle next.
 And then? After rain at 7pm....

4 comments:

  1. Nice to know that your nice memories with TSI back then lol
    I rmb I worked till very late on coming up with the plans and everything else even till 4am hahaha

    Rainy Saturday.... Ended up me with A museum day with free admission! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL sam fu sai lei la...
    really? which museum tho?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Applied to all museums last weekend!
    To commemorate World Museum Day~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg that's so cool I didn't know about that!!

    ReplyDelete