Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lego Madness

And I never know that Hong Kong people can go so crazy over Lego.
It somewhat amazed me.

I saw this advert on Facebook yesterday and was struggling whether to go. Well, I would love to go as Lego is something pretty cool and I do play it a lot when I was young and well who knows I might pick up something cool and cheap through the warehouse sales and refresh my childhood memories. And the reason not to go? It's damn far away from my home and I'm a little worried that it might not turn out to be something as cool as I thought.

Still, I decided to go and I reached the venue at around 10.45am.
S>H>O>C>K>I>N>G. I'm no.693 in the line. 

 And I hear chatters around me saying that some people came to line up straight after the English Premier League match at 6am @.@ and it'll be at least another 2 hours to go at my current position. After much thinking, I decided...to stay, and chose to believe that it shouldn't take that long.

And what have I discovered?
- Almost everyone around me are super Lego fans.
- People can spend over HKD10000 on all these Lego products. (And that's the amount of cash they brought here lol as the sales only accept cash payments)
- People with large purchases needs to order a delivery van or at least need to have their own car to transport those Lego-s.
- The most popular Lego is the "Castle城堡" and the "Big Ship(?)帆船" which I have no clue at all but I keep hearing people discussing about those.

And so, just because I made all the way there and lined up for X hours, I got myself the spaceship set.... say "Yay!" to me! Haha.

[Seriously I went through a lot of drama before getting this set LOL]

3 comments:

  1. How much is that spaceship set costs you? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. around RM200 arr....vy vy expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha.. nvm lah, once in your life will do..=)

    ReplyDelete