Friday, April 8, 2011

HKUST's 20th Anniversary Celebration :)

20th Anniversary Signature Board, and my signature 
It's a whole day thing. 3 classes skipped, and I do feel guilty about that. But...it's something that I've committed at the beginning of the semester and I will keep my promise. It's a huge celebration and it's really nice to be part of this event anyways :)
The VIP room, and view out of HKCEC.
And so we got a coach to send us to Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center. But no coach back. We got Chinese food lunch boxes prepared for us, but not invited for the table dinner (well, we heard that some student associations got invited...hmm, why not us...we're here for the whole day....). We had the rehearsal for around 5-6 times, a really short and simple rehearsal. After all, we will only be officially in the ceremony for around 5-8 minutes max. 

And the most anxious part is that (as mentioned in my previous blog entry)...I was a THAI today, instead of Malaysian. Well, our roles (as international students) is to wear our national costume and kick off the start of the ceremony and welcome our officiating guests into the hall. And since the school can't find any Thai students to be in the ceremony, they got me to dress up in the Thai costume instead. To be honest, I do feel kinda misrepresented. Imagine what'll happen if a person comes up to me and speak Thai all of a sudden? That'll be scary man......
Spot me in the photo? Haha...cheers, almost 20 nationalities here!
Anyways, I had a lot of nice food today. And I think it's pretty meaningful to witness this huge event as well...many BIG NAMES were here including the CE of HK, and even our ex-President, Prof Paul Chu.
So enjoy the photos here people.....
Owh I love the chocolates. Tasted like some high-class ones..and the design of the display is super cool too. Everything is made of chocolate!
Small lil tarts, cute and nice.
Guess what? I had like THIRTEEN strawberries this evening!! ^.^ Super sweet and yummy :)
All the best to HKUST, and to those who have yet to check about events in conjunction with the 20th Anniversary, do check out its official page!
There were many bouquet of flowers around...fresh and really nice!
Owh ya, one more exciting thing, I met Risa in the event, the girl in Japanese Yukata. She used to be a student in the International School of Kuala Lumpur, and I had spoken to her and her mum when I went back to Malaysia to promote UST in September 2009. I was hoping that she'll come by so that I will have a friend to help me in improving my Japanese, and at last I meet her today! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment