Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Public Holiday... and the food

How I wish I could have more of these public holidays in the middle of the week.
Haha. It's a day off for the Ching Ming Festival, what we call Cheng Beng in Penang. Well, I do miss it, cause it's a time in the year where my uncles will come over to Penang from Johor to pray for my grandpa and grandma and gather at my home for good porridge with those roasted pig and other nice food. Haven't done that for a pretty long time, and I'm just wondering when will be my next time joining the festival.

Anyways, it's public holiday today which means....hurray no school and meetings on campus!!
So me and Alex and Len Foong decided to hike the trail behind HKUST to go to Hang Hau/Po Lam. 
View of Hang Hau houses, and some rich person's bungalow the mini bus usually passes by...
At first, we thought it would take like more than an hour or so...but in the end, it only took us about less than an hour, and the thing is we stopped quite a lot along our way to take some photos and to 吹水 a lil. So this means that walking to Hang Hau only takes like 30 minutes from the South Gate of HKUST campus and I should consider doing this in the future to save money...HAHAHA. Just kidding...I'm not 'that' crazy yet :)

And so we decided to walk around and get some food. Our first stop was....
HKD29.5 per scoop. And add HKD1 for the second scoop^^
Papagallo ICE CREAM!!! We got it because I had a small coupon "buy second scoop at HKD1". And we chose Italian Coffee and Pineapple Cookie flavour. The pineapple one was really really good

Then we walked to Po Lam from Hang Hau and looked around some sports apparels shops and OMG this time I saw K-Swiss that I liked a lot selling at a much cheaper price than what I saw in Tiu Keng Leng that day...but I controlled myself and we went to have some food at the mini food stalls near Park n Shop. It was pretty worth it as we only spent like HKD19 per person for four types of food, including fried noodles, fried多春魚(I think it's called Shishamo, or something like capel?), rice balls (飯糰), and 肉燥飯(minced meat rice). And after lunch, I decided to buy the shoes --after detailed comparison of its pros and cons with the converse shoes. Haha....
From top left clockwise: Our yummy lunch!, Vege with mushroom and Japanese Tofu, Rojak (thanks to Alex's sauce from Malaysia), and Curry Fish!
And I decided to cook curry fish for dinner for everyone tonight too ^^ 
Yeah...it was a nice day. But too bad...I havta go back to reality as soon as dinner is over.
Obviously, I needed more than just a 24 hour holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment