Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tea Party

I'm kinda excited about this. Yay....meeting the person who actually made me decide to come to HKUST. Seriously without this lil amount of money, I wouldn't be here today.
It's the Joseph Lau Luen Hung Charitable Trust Scholarship Tea Party at the President's Lodge. We had a rather informal chit chat with Mr Lau (actually it's his son haha), he introduced us to an initiative launched last year - Hong Kong Spirit Ambassadors, and talked about how those who are eligible will spend the HKD6,000 from the goverment, and what we think about this HKD6000 giving out policy. Prof Tony Chan was there to join the conversation too....
And then we had a some tea (light food and refreshments) and I spoke with some Professors while trying to grab my dinner :)
With staff from the Scholarships Unit, and with Prof Hui (ISOM)
Prof Tony Chan, President of HKUST, and his home :)
And one exciting thing. Mr Tony Lam, the Associate Director of the Scholarships and Awards Unit, could remember that I actually registered for Summer@UST 2006! Haha, and he remembered that I rejected them for 2 times~~
I guess it's because my name is pretty special to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment