Monday, October 3, 2011

And finally, work here I come.


I was excited, pretty excited. But still quite calm.
Arrived 20 minutes earlier than schedule, but forgot to put on my watch.
I was briefed about medical policy and MPF with other new joiners, got a photoshoot for Staff Card, then picked up by the MC (Management Consulting) department secretary to collect my work laptop and went back to the office.


The first surprise was to learn that we do not have a fixed workspace. Haha well I guess that's because the mobility is way too high. Next, I met a few of my university mates working there, it's kinda fun. Before lunch, I met my buddy named Angel, a very sweet person. And finally the biggest surprise, WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO EAT HOT FOOD IN THE COMPANY, well and this def includes self prepared lunch boxes. erm....seriously?
[I'm so goinna lose weight man.....people who know me, you know why.]


Everything else was fine. I wasn't given any tasks specifically related to any engagement yet. That's because I know almost nothing about how things work in there. So my main duty for the whole day was to get familiar with some admin stuff...and get to know my colleagues. I am looking forward, really looking forward to my engagement actually :)


And I have lotsa trainings comin' up, and of course the QP exam too >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment