Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The squeeze

The first time ever....I had to wait for the FOUR MTRs before my turn to get on board.
The peak hours for the peak areas in Hong Kong Island would be from 5pm till perhaps 7.30 or 8pm.
Lucky me, if I am working in Central, I can get on board easily as the Central is the first stop of the line I'm taking, and usually I will try to secure a place to sit and stay in my own world till I reach Mongkok, which is just 5 stations away. 

But if you have to switch lines, i.e. from Hong Kong Island to Tsuen Wan line it is definitely a disaster. 
Admiralty, the interchange station will be so full that might make me give up going back home on time when I see it. Haha, I [might] rather go back home a lil later to not squeeze in with the crowd. 
T-shirt reflecting the crowd in HK=.= And Lucy on the first row is ANGRY.
The experience was painful. I was waiting with the crowd of god knows how many people and I decided to take my own sweet time until I got the space to get into the MTR. After four trains had passed, it is finally my turn and I just stood on wherever tiny space I got in the train and boooooooom I was on fire when people behind me just couldn't stop SQUEEZING. YES, and so they PUSHED. Well I wouldn't mind that much if I wasn't standing behind a primary school kid. I was trying to go against the pressure on my back cause I really don't wana push the kid and cause any uncomfy-ness. But the pressure behind me is just crazy. I almost couldn't stand it and bang on the kid and his mum started protecting him after noticing the crazy pressure around him. Yes, it's just unbelievable.
And well, people are just so used to this right? So used to it that they just don't make any sound and just accept the squeeziness and the pressure everyday. Well, perhaps making noise wouldn't help anyways so why bother. So used to it that they might be one of those people who tries their luck by sucking in their belly as much as they could to get in the last tiny tiny lil spot in the MTR......

Hmm........無奈

No comments:

Post a Comment