Sunday, October 16, 2011

Yum Cha-s

WOW. I had THREE yum-cha sessions in a week. Different restaurants, different locations, but still sometimes the same Ha Kau, Siew Mai and Cheung Fun. LOL. And I like 奶黃包, what you call milk custard bun?
Milk Custard Bun
Overall, Hong Kong Dim Sum could be pretty nice and I do enjoy eating it once in awhile. But it could be really pricey too, depending on the restaurant. Owh, speaking about the venue where dim sum is sold, I really miss those dim sum shops where food is placed on trolleys and pushed to your table and you could just stand up and take whatever you want (this is at least still happening in Penang). But in HK, you are given a list of menu (點菜單) and you are supposed to read those long long names of those dim-sums (speaking about 5 Chinese characters and above) and tick the amount that you wana order. And sometimes, I am just to lazy to understand the menu. Haha.

Well, luckily that these three sessions were all paid-for. So it wasn't too bad haha. The thing that I really like in Dim Sum sessions would be the dessert. Yummy Mango Pudding and Coffee Cake :)
Mango Pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment